Edufountain(n): A fountain of ideas on using educational technology that anyone can drink from.
Edufountain is an Open on Going Seminar on the Future of Education and Technology. The conversation is organized topically and I have scheduled a personal focus on topics according to the following schedule. During my travels I will post interviews, questions for discussion and discovered information from places I go. This may include personal travel reflections and other observations. I invite participants to challenge, examine, and share their own observations and ask questions. I will also seek out experts and attempt to solicit their feedback on these topics. I came up with the term edufountain as a mashup of my last name and education; but I’ve since discovered that some Sakaigers independently came up with a definition.
The current topic list and schedule is as follows
- Feb 10: Update on the State of Emerging Standards for Learning Technology
- Feb 16: The Virtual and Personal Learning Environments (tag: vle-ple) — Some thoughts on the future of the thing formerly known as the CMS
- Feb 26: Mashups, the Semantic Web and Content Discovery (tag: mashups)
- March 4: Learning Medicine and The Mind — Science and Medicine’s Evolving Understanding of the Mind and How it Relates to Learning (tag: edumind)
- March 10: Leveraging the Cloud for Education and Collaboration from a Virtual Learning Environment (perhaps with some sample code). (tag: educloud)
- March 17: The Virtual Place and Community — Second Life, Virtual Worlds, Virtual Identity, Avatars and the Importance of Defined Space (tag: virtual-communities)
- March 24: New Mobile Platforms — perhaps we’ll have these cool iPads by then.
- April 1: Technology Culture and Language
- April 11: New Styles for Teaching and Learning — Blogging from the Blackboard Teaching & Learning Conference 2010. and Bb Developer Day UK.
- April 18: The Evolution of Collaboration Models — From finger and ntalk, to Twitter, Facebook and Wave.( aka what was wrong with the .plan file again)?
- April 24: The Street Corner vs. the Classroom — the Edupunk / CMS debate
- April 30: New Web 2.0 Tools for Learning– What are the newest coolest web 2.0 sites for eLearning and how will you use them?
You may also wish to read the original invitation and introduce yourself there.